Tuesday, September 1, 2009

twenty-five

This is what you wrote to me:

"You make me so happy every time I see you. You are a ray of happiness to me and thinking of you makes me smile."

I love you, MM. I love you for those words. I love you for your friendship. I love you for your art. That you weren't afraid of who you were and how you responded to people. That you accepted me for who I was- and loved me for who I was and was becoming. That you listened and shared. That you sang to me and played your music- you invited me in. We connected and resonated; we sat in council and deliberated life; we sang songs, danced and were silly.

And you never once crossed that romantic line.
You were thrilled to let our beings tingle-
I was thrilled to let our beings tingle-
as friends-

And I love you for it.
Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment