Thursday, February 3, 2011

forty-four

I don't usually call people out in my love letters - that's not my style. But this guy is a social media KING, so I don't think he'll mind; and I never offered up my thanks and gratitude for the insight and knowledge he offered...
--------
I never said thank you - and I wanted to let you know that I am SO THANKFUL for our time together in a professional setting and for what you taught me in the moments that we shared together!

I want to say thank you for giving me a new title, a title that more appropriately described my role within the crazy-awesome world that I was trying to build parameters around. I was...nervous to carry that kind of a title; and bucked - just a little - the responsibility that it saddled on my shoulders. But you were right - operations was definitely my niche, my role, my calling. Thank you for giving me the name for what I did (what I do) and for having the confidence that I was already filling it.

I wish you success and prosperity in your new endeavors!
Know that I remember you fondly and with respect.

Be confident that I've owned it, that title, and wrestled it down. Like a bull - it's been grabbed by the horns, thrown down, slaughtered, sliced up and is cooking on the grill as we speak. The super awesome grill-out party is soon to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment