Tuesday, March 31, 2009

five

A complete stranger and she hugged me twice. She welcomed me with open arms after 30 seconds of sharing the same space.

I felt loved, accepted, supported; like this was a "back in the day" girlfriend, like we've been friends forever.

And I've only just met you-
And let me be clear. In some ways, I've only just met me. Thank you for giving me your phone number; you don't know how many times I've wanted to call and share with you, but I am not sure what to say- "Remember me? The girl you just met the other day for 30 minutes?"

And then I feel foolish for not already calling and for leaving things hanging in the way I have- we should go out for drinks. Teach me this area; share with me your love and passion for the locals. And yes, help me find my colors; help me choose the ones that will make me beautiful.

Let's dance and drink and hug again.

No comments:

Post a Comment