Wednesday, March 4, 2009

two

There she stands-
In all her glory as fire keeper.
She majestically wears a house dress,
Making it seem more like a satin gown.

It is a bold, African print;
Billowy and perfectly complimenting her tone:
Of skin, of attitude, of life.

I lean on her knowledge and experience.
She leads me down this path of burning my past:
Responsibly.
There are rules for such things:
For protection- of body, of nature, of heart.

She brandishes her mixing stick:
A twisted thing of length.
She teaches and explains the process:
She shares.

And I drink in the moment of teaching.
I am awed by her beauty, knowledge, ravage nature.
I appreciate the moment of nearness;
And I am sad for the upcoming separation.

I love this woman and her ways.
I respect our differences;
And want to be more like her at the same time.
I am moved that she is my friend-
That she had been my friend for more than half my life.

And that we have more life to live together.

No comments:

Post a Comment