Thursday, January 27, 2011

forty-one

Every single time I taste that taste or smell that smell - I am transported to a time when we were all one team. Eight months of my life shared in a way that can never, ever be achieved in the exact same way again. We were many, but for the same purpose became one; and in that act, we achieved absolute equal opportunity regardless of all the details that made us different.

And man, were we ever different! Gay, straight, blond, brunette, skinny, fat, short, long, tall, curly, black, white, yellow, quiet, loud, angry, sweet, academic, artistic, etc...

And we gained some, and we lost some - but we were always one.
And I loved being apart of the team; and I miss my space within the circle. But I also know that circle, like a bubble, popped long ago when Time played its typical trick on the romantic within me who believes that a moment can last forever. Lives change, we changed - I changed; and the team became new, and different one.

Our story is only remembered by us - if we remember it; and tonight, I choose to remember it and tell you that I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment