Thursday, January 27, 2011

forty

Thank you for being my secret, not-so-secret now crush. You've been the reason that a sweet smile will creep up the sides of my mouth and make my knees turn weak -- ironic too, because you are stoic and sardonic and tough. Hmmm, an interesting juxtaposition, I would say. And though I clearly want you, you have absolutely no interest - and I love you for snubbing me. It is crazy. But if you felt the same way, then I would tumble right back into the same old pattern and that wouldn't really be a wise decision at the moment. So, your rejection is in a dark and twisted way a means of protection - and I appreciate that; even though you don't know that you're doing it.

Your ignorance (or denial) is my gain. I get to daydream; and those always work out so deliciously, don't you think? (LOL - no, I guess you don't.) Feel free to continue to ignore my existence - I will enjoy the imaginary anticipation and feel secure in its lack of actual connection.

I love you for not loving me - keep at it. You're doing great!

No comments:

Post a Comment