Thursday, December 12, 2013

two hundred fifteen

"I miss your face."

That's what I told you. But what I really wanted to say was that your smile feels like home. It feels like all the happy memories of school days rolling over me at once.

What I really wanted to say is that ever since I noticed that new dimple, I've wanted to touch it; to run my finger gently around it and in it. I've thought about kissing it more times than I can count; about brushing my lips against it's edges and finding my way, eyes closed, to your smile.

That's the truth.

My face burns when I think of all the things that I'd want to do if your face was close to mine.

And it's crazy, since all of this is based on such a slight connection - time, space, experience separated us long ago.

And yet you still hold a special place in my heart.

It's on reserve and only you can fill it. Until that day, it's filled with memories of you. It's filled with all the ways you made me laugh; the moments we had together alone in the dark; the honesty of your unpretentious heart and how you'll always be my friend.

I cherish the way our connection renews itself in the most unexpected ways. Every time, it is a delightful surprise. And every time, you encourage my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment