Tuesday, December 3, 2013

two hundred thirteen

I can't tell you how much I appreciate you. And I appreciate the times that we've been given the opportunity to reconnect. Your friendship and kindness both last time and this has provided a kind of safe cove for me to recollect myself, take a deep breath and move on.

The first time, I moved on - away from you and towards him.

This time, I move on - away from him; and maybe not towards you, but not away from you either.

I'm not sure that's fair; if you're being properly compensated for your investment, but you haven't really fussed. You just take me as I come - and I appreciate that as well.

If I'm not moving towards or away from you, I think it's that I'm moving beside you - as a friend, as a partner-in-crime, as one who appreciates the beautiful heart that resides within you.

No comments:

Post a Comment