Friday, February 3, 2012

one hundred forty-seven

It’s cruel the tricks your memories can play.

You were in my dreams again last night, same as last week. These innocent, random dreams occur every so often, and every time it is so real, I wake up with my heart pounding, stomach churning, your smell-sound-feel still in my senses. Then I remember…and now the feelings change.

I haven’t actually seen you or heard your voice in years, but the cruel part of my brain holds the memories of you hostage, to throw in my face at random. And when those memories surface, the physical pain takes my breath. The cliche of a ”knife in the heart” comes to mind, but doesn’t even touch the reality.

Read more...

Written by K. F. on January 26, 2012
Comments: Partially inspired by the song ”Someone Like You” by Adele.

No comments:

Post a Comment