Thursday, February 2, 2012

one hundred forty-six

I’m black, you’re white
I’m older, you’re younger

I hide behind the curtain, you take the stage
I think little of me, you say the greatest things about me

I rely on one color, you embrace the whole spectrum
So many other differences, to you they don’t matter

I would think the difference we have would set us worlds apart
But your smiles, your hugs, your encouragement, your prayers, your tears,
your LOVE always places us together as one.

You let me know straight up we have more alike than we have different.
Sista Girl, Thank You! You are like a big sister! I Love You!!!


Written by T. B. on January 18, 2012
Comments: This small piece was written to express how much the relationship of my ”sista girl” means to me despite the differences that could have kept us apart. Thankful for the many ”sista girls” out there who make the difference in another sista girl’s life.

----
Share your thoughts of love and appreciation at jabsloveletters.com

No comments:

Post a Comment