Tuesday, March 27, 2012

one hundred eighty-six

If you were here, this would be much better.

It’s not bad at the moment. It’s actually pretty ok.

What I’m doing is reading a load of essays about realism and drinking a can of Mexican beer and eating carrots dipped in hummus, whilst wrapped in a blanket and listening to miscellaneous jazz records… but if you were here, it would be much better.

If you were here, I guess there would be a lot to talk about. There would be a lot to catch up on.
Partly, it would be weird. I would want to know why you were suddenly here and why you weren’t over there anymore and if everything was ok and what the hell is happening? Why didn’t you call first? etc.
But I would hope that you would have reasonable answers to those questions and we could move on fairly swiftly. I would really hope that you had brought some wine or maybe some cider or something, just a little bit. I would also like it if you brought snacks.

If you were here, we would become casual within 10-15 minutes. I would be awkward for the first part, because I’d be taken off guard and not expecting it. But if you were here, and it was real and not a dream or an illusion or a weird trick of the light (imagine that, it’s funny), it would be better than this is already, right now.

I think that what would be ideal would be if we could change the record. I really feel like listening to Nirvana. What do you think? Recently I’ve been having these strange urges to listen to Nirvana. It was as though one day recently, something in my brain ‘clicked’ and I felt like I was approximately ten years younger and would enjoy listening to Nirvana in a very sincere and appreciative way.

It would be better if you were here because you are my friend.
You are my friend because I know that you love me and I know that I love you.

Read this post and more at: thatpaintingsnotsoblue

---
Send your love letters to jabsloveletters.com


No comments:

Post a Comment